If there has been an unprecedented series of storms in a region, the chance for snowdrifts building up on roofs increases. Snow loads enhance the risk of a roof collapse. With Safe Roof Systems (SRS) products and services, you can know when and where to initiate safe and effective roof snow removal. SRS approaches each project with the expertise that comes from more than 20 years serving property owners and managers. Our experience over the years has shown us that structural failure due to a roof snow load may be linked to the following causes:
· The weight of the snow load greatly exceeds the roof’s capacity to handle it
· Drifting and sliding snow conditions
· Deficient workmanship
· Insufficient operation and maintenance
· Improper design
· Inadequate drainage design
· Insufficient design in older buildings
Although an inadequate snow load design is a common cause of a roof’s collapse, many roofs break down as a result of:
· Age & Deterioration
· Lack of Maintenance
· Building Modifications
· Added Insulation Over an Older Roof that Prevents Heat from Melting Snow
· A Combination of these Factors.
Connect with Safe Roof Systems to be prepared for the winter weather. Call us today at 508.758.6829. Be safe knowing that you won’t have to worry about your roof collapse in Canada.